An SQA-accredited centre, the Ridge is also a Skills- Based Academy for the JobCentre Plus as well as an Employability Fund Provider for Skills Development Scotland. We are also accredited to provide REHIS (food hygiene) training. We offer local access to training across most sectors, including Horticulture, Hospitality, Catering, Fashion, Social Care and Customer Service. We aim to develop the skills and employability of marginalised and vulnerable local people. We have a passion for our locality and the issues that surround it.
To provide training and support to help people find routes into further education, training and employment; to support businesses to be effective and grow, creating more local jobs; to create businesses to fill gaps in the local economy.
Because access to training opportunities remains a problem despite proximity to the capital; conditions don’t yet exist for the sort of enterprises that will develop, support and sustain local training and jobs.
We will continue to maintain a strong social purpose with a clear and measurable business plan which underpins the process of delivering social value through appropriately scaled and sustainable solutions.
A community connected by the belief that everyone can achieve their true potential
The Ridge (Scotland) CIC’s main aim is to create jobs and training opportunities, primarily in Dunbar, allowing people to realise their potential and their ambitions
We aim to:
- provide training and support to help people find gainful employment locally
- support local businesses (including other Ridge businesses) to be more effective and grow, thereby creating more jobs locally
- work closely with our partners, to ensure our training dovetails closely with their requirements, as well as meeting the needs of the community
- develop practical supports, including training in basic life skills and volunteering opportunities, to allow more vulnerable members of our community to overcome barriers in accessing training and necessary interventions, to facilitate the fulfilment of their potential.
- provide horticultural training to:
- school-age children, introducing them to the environment, in a way which supports delivery of the curriculum for excellence
- support young adults seeking hands-on experience of work in rural skills
- a broad spectrum of the community who wish to widen the scope of their personal skills
- provide opportunities for the passing on of skills within the community from one generation to the next
Project Worker (Routes to Work)
Board of Directors
To contact our training manager, Gill Last, email: email@example.com.
The Ridge (Scotland) #SC421936 Registered Office: 40A High St Dunbar EH42 1JH
Contact the Ridge Training
our projects ...
and latest news ...