Well, if you are reading this it’s because you are interested in the exciting new position arising at the Ridge; Project Manager at the Black Bull Close Community Archaeology Project
The Project Manager post is a key role within our planned rescue and development of the Black Bull Close buildings and adjacent Backlands garden.
This phase of works aims to clear and make safe the Black Bull Close buildings, in parallel with a community archaeology project (supported by Scotland’s Urban Past), and to engage the local community as well as visitors to Dunbar, in exploring and discovering the local heritage/history represented by this important site.
The Project Manager (Community Engagement) will work closely with the Managing Director of the Ridge (who will oversee site clearance works) to develop an intensive programme of community engagement, creating opportunities for supervised visits to the newly-cleared buildings of the Close.
This six-month role will include:
- Project Management – working with Managing Director, ensure the project is devised and delivered to meet funder-agreed objectives, within budget and timetable
- Work with Managing Director to develop evaluation methodology and tools, for structured gathering of qualitative and quantitive data
- Plan programme of events for project
- Design range of events for schools, local history groups and the wider community. As part of this explore potential collaborations with local arts groups to create exciting/engaging events to draw in people who might not otherwise engage with ‘heritage’
- Oversee delivery of community events, school visits and guided tours to launch Black Bull Close as visitable site
- Support Managing Director to evaluate the project and create funder reports, using data gathered throughout
This outlines the main duties required for the post. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time without changing the general character of the job or level or responsibility.
The successful candidate will:
|Have strong commitment to working within community engagement||Essential|
|Have collaborative and solution-focused approach||Essential|
|Have excellent communication skills||Essential|
|Have strong interest in the Heritage sector||Essential|
|Have strong organisational/admin skills||Essential|
|Have worked in the Social Enterprise or Charitable sector||Desirable|
|Have experience of evaluation design and delivery||Desirable|
|Understand and support the social aims of the Ridge||Essential|
|Understand and be able to comply with aims and requirements of project funders||Essential|
If you want to apply, please send your CV with covering letter via email.
Deadlines for application is 6 April at 5pm and interviews will be held the following Friday.