We’re delighted that our bid to run the kitchen at the Bleachingfield Centre in Dunbar was successful.
Working in partnership with East Lothian Council and others we aim to offer:
- Quality foods at reasonable prices in the heart of Dunbar.
- A focus on local, seasonal and unprocessed foods wherever possible. These will be provided in the café and at outside catering events
- Community food events to promote our objectives and meet the needs of the community and other Centre users
- The ability to process and sell on local food grown by the Ridge and other organisations
- Use the space to provide information leaflets and posters about healthy eating and using local and seasonal produce
- Training both full time for people wanting to work in catering and short courses
- Volunteering opportunities for confidence building and to gain work experience
The main objective of the Ridge is to create training and employment opportunities via a sustainable project delivering a number of associated profitable businesses that generate income to help pay for the non profitable elements. The training and businesses that we will offer will be focussed around the local food supply chain.